View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

JerzyBoy, Listen, there is a LOT an ER doctor can do for you! They can assess your O2 levels, arterial blood gases, and get you some O2. They can even check your breathing to see how well you are breathing in and out. They can hook you up to a breathing apparatus if necessary or refer you to a pulmonologist (who can also help you).

You are obviously not doing well. Don't be stubborn! Read the articles I listed, inform the ER doctor that MG is suspected, and tell them that you are scared! Or call the neuro's office for an earlier appt., which they will sometimes do if you call first thing in the morning.

I have been in an ER (in the US) more times than I care to even think about. Sure, sometimes they can be totally inept. But they can't discharge a patient who is having such trouble breathing or swallowing or moving without figuring out why AND treating them!!! To do so would open them up for a lawsuit (don't ever say that, because they'll just get defensive).

Steroids don't normally cause blurry vision! More than likely your MG needs more help. But I'm not a doctor, nor do I know what your medical situation is. So find one soon and get help!!!

I say all of that with kindness and support.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
craftyRCC (11-19-2015), juliejayne (11-15-2015)