View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 12:29 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Need some good info

Hi all:

I am presently using a Dell Inspiron E1705 laptop. which I bought used. It still functions but eventually I will have to replace it. What I like about it is the big 18 inch screen that I can watch my youtube videos on.

When I am ready to replace this I thought I might get one of those All In One computers. Here is the most affordable one I have found?

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-20...o/pd?ref=PD_OC

I just want to make sure I am informed before I make a purchase. (You might remember that before I got this laptop I was all over one of these forums with all my laptop questions but that was a long long time ago.)

I use my present laptop as a desktop. The battery died a long long time ago so I leave it plugged in, put it in sleep mode at night and when I'm ready to use it, I just wake it up. So far so good. Of course I know that I can buy another laptop but this All in One is big, has Windows 10 (which I know nothing about but I can learn) and I just need to make sure that it uses wi fi (like my laptop). Yeah, I know I sound dumb but I'm 68 and I still learn new things computer wise every day.

So am I correct that if I get this particular All In One, all I have to do is take it out of the box, plug the wire into my outlet, turn it on and I go down to the bottom right where the internet icon is, and I try and connect by giving it my ID and password?

I essentially would be replacing my Dell Inspiron laptop with a Dell All In One which essentially is a desktop that acts like a laptop?

Or am I mistaken? I don't want any complicated things. If this is over my head I'll just get another laptop and use that instead but this All In One is very affordable and uses just one plug (like my laptop) and if I bought a desktop that's two plugs, and ethernet cable and I don't want to do that.

I like the big screen on this one. So if anyone can answer my dumb questions, I'd appreciate it. At $300 approx cost, this is very affordable (when I need to replace my Dell Inspiron).

So is there anything I need to know about All In One's? This one especially? Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote