View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 02:42 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
I had placed this video in this forum because it is sponsored by the RSDSA (www.rsds.org), while addressing CRPS/RSD pain.

However, the video also mentions the work Dr. Harkavy-Friedman does with people living with Fibromyalgia.

I feel this tool kit and video is appropriate for anyone coping with any form of chronic pain -- physical, emotional, spiritual, etc.

DejaVu
DejaVu, thanks for posting this. I didn't have 44 minutes to watch the video. I am however acutely aware of the suicide risks when someone has chronic pain. My best friend's aunt attempted suicide just a few days ago by swallowing a bunch of pain pills, thank the lord that her son checked in on her and she survived. She didn't have CRPS, but had an issue with her leg, she was unable to walk and it had completely atrophied due to not using the affected limb. She became immobile, was in pain and very depressed and so tried to check out. That should be a message to all of us with CRPS. Even though an affected limb (or limbs) cause pain with use, you absolutely need to keep at least a small degree of mobility to avoid muscle wasting (atrophy) as it just makes everything worse (not using the affected limb). Maybe think of pain of moving your affected (painful) limb as a good thing to keep mobility. Pain is terrible and sometimes incapacitating, but try and think of the future and keeping your limb (s) at least somewhat mobile so this doesn't happen.
megsmountain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (11-14-2015), DejaVu (11-13-2015), Littlepaw (11-13-2015), PurpleFoot721 (11-13-2015)