Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 09:54 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Just curious. What does running marathons 5 years out have to do with recovery from PCS ?
I always enjoy the challenging points of views you bring Mark. I was an avid runner and now I can't run for 5 mins without getting dizzy for a week.

The day I can run a marathon without having TBI side effects I would definitely feel that the TBI is mostly behind me.

You meant to say this is an unrealistic expectation? Some people cope better with lowering their expectations for the rest of their lives, others like me, who are currently dealing with other medical issues, feel that "I can't take all this, I can take the concussion alone, or I can take the other thing alone, but not both"...

In that respect the success stories are my only hope. By the way, it would be GREAT to have a success/recovery subsection to inspire people.

I think for some of the us the road to recovery is more manageable with a combination of hope and lowered expectations for the medium term.

Thoughts appreciated. Sorry Seth if I am trolling your post, that was not my intention. I am just curious about why you say: "Fully recovering to what I was before the accident seems like an unrealistic goal at this time", I hope you only meant near future and not forever.

Yes adversities make us wiser and give us a thicker skin sometimes. Great for your that you have both acceptance and patience.
bachissimo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote