View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 10:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Morton Epsom Salt Lotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzak21 View Post
Hi all

Thanks for the opportunity to tell you a bit about what is currently happening. I have had a relatively quick onset of peripheral neuropathy affecting mainly my hands and feet for the first 4 weeks, burning, pins and needles and numbness being the main symptoms. These are sensory only.

Now over the last couple of weeks have had episodes where my right arm feels sort of numb and heavy but I still have full use of it. Also achiness around certain joints or parts started with elbows and AC joints (near shoulder) but now in back, knees, hips and occasionally across shoulders at back. These often feel like sunburn or like a bit of a strain/ache. Sometimes I feel it in my forearm and thighs and they are only for a minute or two at a time.

Had three lots of blood tests ruling out all inflammatory markers, diabetes, vitamin B12, connective tissue, vitamin levels fine and have just had a Lyme disease blood test. Awaiting a nerve conduction test but not for another 6 weeks. While the burning has sort of decreased since the onset. I'm worried about the numbness in my hand, arm. No musculoskeletal problems I know of, no swelling, redness or morning joint pain.

Neurologist said to push on with exercise as long as it doesn't ramp up the symptoms. He seems to think it will resolve with time but worried about these new symptoms. Any advice greatly appreciated.
It sounds like your Neuro is a common sense Dr. Even if Idiopathic, not much treatment options anyway. Sounds like your nitrition has been good. I used this lotion on burning and tender skin surface. It's not much help but every bit counts. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kazzak21 (11-15-2015)