View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 12:36 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

So when I'm ready, I buy this All In One which is basically a BIG computer with a BIG screen, and all the hard drive is inside the Big thing (like it is with a laptop)? And it comes with wifi so I don't have to do anything but look for my icon on the bottom right, see my wifi connection (like I do with I connect with my laptop after it goes off sometimes, I then have to re-connect).

So that's it? I can get a big computer (essentially a BIG monitor) and that's it.

If that's it, that's okay by me. The optimum guy told me I can get a desktop (which this all is one thing is right?) and get an ethernet cable and connect it to the back of my router, which he says has 4 ports, one of which is being used by my husband's desktop).

The Optimum tech guy said a wired connection is a faster internet connection than a wifi connection. So I asked him "Do you mean if there is an ethernet port on this All In One, all I have to do is plug the cable into the ethernet port on the All In One, and plug the other end into the back of my router, and then I go on the internet?" He said 'exactly". I said "It's that simple?" He said "yes"

Here's why I'm asking. I went on youtube and there was a guy giving a tutorial in a video about connecting one's laptop via an ethernet cable and he had to configure this and do properties and I said 'OH God, I'm not doing that.

So now I Know that if I buy an All In One I can connect via wi fi. right?? And from what it states, the wi fi is GREAT on this All In One? I don't understand how wi fi on an All In One can be greater than the wi fi on a laptop but what do I know?

But if I choose to do the wired ethernet way, am I correct in assuming I just plug in an ethernet cable from the All In One to one of the ports on the router and that's it?? I don't have to configure, re-configure, etc.?

If you can clear this up, I'd appreciate it. Thank you so much my dear

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote