View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Jake,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Your experience is not uncommon.

The fair event likely had a few components. Too much stimulation, lights, sounds, etc. Food maybe. Any beer ? Possibly a contributor. Your current issues with over-stimulation suggest you just did not realize your limitations to stimulations in the past.

I suggest you find someone other than the neuro. If he believes all these tests are worthwhile, it sounds like he is taking shots in the dark. Maybe a concussion clinic would be better.

You should try to find something to do when you are not working. Some gentle brain stimulation and mild exercise ( walking) to keep good brain blood flow will be good. Any form of hand/manual activities are usually good. An idle mind feeds anxiety.

You may have an upper neck issue than needs attention. The water tubing suggests maybe some whiplash from your fall was aggravated.

Good head and neck posture while resting and sleeping is important.

Do your anxiety issues come with an increased heart rate ? For me, I do just as well with a beta-blocker (propranolol) to reduce the heart rate so the anxiety reduces. Beta-blockers are easier than benzos (Xanax) and quicker acting for those occasional needs. But, keeping your anxiety levels low is important so do what you have to do. If you anxiety become chronic, an SNRI or SSRI may be a better long term choice. But avoid them until you have exhausted other means.

My best to you.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote