Thread: Recent Flare
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 12:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Shocked Medical Procedures Stoking the Flames

Littlepaw, thank you.

Mama mac, thank you.

I have had exacerbations before. I do not recall one as severe as this one.

I think the ongoing testing is further kindling this fire.

Every time I have a blood pressure cuff put on me, every time they use a blood draw tourniquet, every needle stick (for another draw or direct injection for bone scan) -- the pain spreads everywhere and the pain level shoots through the roof. It's so severe, I almost pass out. Lately, students have been doing the draws and injections and they are missing the target. I am usually very agreeable. While I feel it's important students be allowed to learn, I cannot take further needle sticks, not to mention errors and redundant sticks. The tourniquets are even worse.

I had talked to the radiology tech about the direct injection. He saw it as a matter of simply hitting the vein the first time and he was sure he could do so. I had wanted a smaller needle and a topical numbing agent. (His student had just tried and had missed and had pushed the needle all around in an attempt to finally hit the vein ... ouch. This attempt by his student had put him behind schedule and he was most interested in putting everything back on schedule.)

I have this in both lower legs/feet (originally from a sural nerve biopsy). I have this in one arm (originally from a nerve surgery).

All four limbs are in agony at this point, all four are throbbing in extreme pain.

I have had years of a reprieve from trigeminal neuralgia, and it feels like it's coming back, as well.

I have had a lot of tests lately. I also just had a three phase bone scan yesterday. I will have more ultrasound on Monday. The ultrasounds use pressure, so are also extremely painful.

I have more testing scheduled for the first two weeks in December. (Mostly autonomic testing, as far as I know at this point.)

I need a better intervention. The medical procedures are just aggravating the whole picture even further. If/when I can get things to quiet down, I go in for testing and ... wow. I come out much worse off just for attending/allowing the procedures.

I will be calling the neurologist next week. I need some further relief.

Thanks so much for your love and support.

DejaVu

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (11-14-2015), mama mac (11-16-2015), PurpleFoot721 (11-14-2015)