View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 02:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Dejavu, I'll watch the video when I get a chance. I know for me (again, have been living with this CRPS over a decade) whenever I immobilized my limb in any way it ALWAYS made the pain worse. I have so much specialized "equipment" to immobilize my hands/wrists. I cannot tolerate them at all. I have probably over 10 devices of different sorts. Some were made for me specifically by occupational and physical therapists. I cannot tolerate much "touch" or anything covering my hands/wrists/lower arms, barely ever. I live in an area that gets very cold in the winter and I wear 3/4 arm shirts, never full, or I roll the sleeves up. I've found if I need immobilization, I find a good pillow and just position it and rest my hand/arm there. Keeping yourself mobile is absolutely a must if you want to not worsen your CRPS. I know it's really hard, but with time it does get easier as you at least understand the pain more and triggers, etc., what to absolutely avoid. Pain is a terrible thing, but not being able to function at all is even worse than pain, at least from my experience. I guess I learned from a young age due to competitive physical activities I was a part of to ignore a lot of pain. Don't give the pain the power!! You have the power. I know the mind cannot always overcome the pain, but people can try their best to not focus on it and not make it (the pain) the centerpiece of their existence. That is not a good or healthy place to be (always thinking about pain), and unfortunately, that's when people do get to the point of despair where they consider suicide.
megsmountain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-14-2015), PurpleFoot721 (11-14-2015)