View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 04:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy1012 View Post
I just came from a party. I am drunk. While I was on my way, I couldn't feel a bump on the road in my head. This has been my major symptom since the injury. But those bumps and potholes I used to dread always didn't bother me at all after I am drunk. I felt totally normal and insensitive to them. This makes me wonder if I have become overly conscious about them and I don't actually have a physical problem. Any thoughts ?
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi - I'm new to this forum and it's my first post.

I have been in my own sumo match with PCS for just under 2 years - felt quite a bit better (but not 100%) after 10 months and lots of different doctors visits / physical therapies, then have hit a recent relapse over the last month or two.

I had this same issue (bumps in the road would cause symptoms). In fact, I had to sell a car that I owned that had a CVT transmission because the jerky shifting of the gears would make me feel ill!

I also felt 100% myself when drinking alcohol.

I was told by a neurologist that alcohol suppresses the vestibular system, and that's why it made me feel better. Even one beer would take the edge off quite a bit. It usually would cause a rebound the next day, where my vestibular issues would be worse.

Also, I got the same effect from antihistamines (e.g. benadryll) which made me feel fantastic when I was on them and worse afterwards...

I'm not sure if this was specific to just my case, but if it wasn't, i hope it is valuable information for someone....
cmoriglio1981 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote