View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 01:03 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Bryanna, thanks for the fast reply.

Quote:
Was tooth #10 a root canaled tooth? If so, how long ago was it root canaled? Had it ever been re treated with a second root canal and/or a surgery called an apicoectomy? Are the adjacent teeth root canaled?
Yes, it was root canaled twice. The first time was in late 2009 or early 2010. It was then re-root canaled in early 2012. (I did not have an apicoectomy.)
Later, in spring of 2014, it broke. I was traveling at the time and by the time I saw the dentist to have an extraction, it had an abscess. Needless to say, there's not a whole lot of bone in the site. (Hence having this graft).

BTW, I'm only 26 years old, if that makes any difference in the matter.

Quote:
In the meantime, if you cannot get a hold of your dentist until Monday, it may behoove you to start that antibiotic if the #10 site does not improve by this afternoon.
Could taking the antibiotic actually help clear out the infection, or would it only help keep it in check until the graft is removed?

I have had a lot of antibiotics for this past couple years, and am very worried for the health of my gut microbiome. I've started to become scared/hesitant of taking antibiotics, so I guess the question is, if I DID wait to have it checked out first, just to make sure... would that make a big difference?

Quote:
Depending on the history of this tooth and the adjacent teeth, there would be different reasons for the failed implant and current symptoms.
Yeah I've wondered if I have some kind of lingering infection in the area since I keep having all these problems. However, the timing of the waterpic slip-up last night and these symptoms seems WAY too perfect for it to not have something to do with it. It seemed completely infection-free yesterday.

Hope this is enough info, thanks again for your time.
Orthoptera is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote