Thread: medical leave
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 12:03 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanator90 View Post
Really glad you're taking leave. I've been so so bored with this time so this question is def very helpful.

It's been difficult for me to learn a new hobby because anxiety builds up with each mini failure. That might just be me though. I would suggest taking long long walks if you can. Rewatching a tv show (critically acclaimed dramas have been my thing) might not be too stimulating.

People watching has been interesting too, and often leads to revelations about my own mannerisms and actions. You can do that by chilling at a coffee shop or similar.

Best best of luck! keep us posted on what you find is helpful.
What you said on previous threads really made sense to me and I'm glad you encouraged it, my HR department was super fast to give FMLA and I wish I'd not been so afraid and done it sooner. Healing really is more important than any job in the world.

I love the people watching idea. I think hanging out at a coffee shop alone and people watching might just be the right kind of be baby steps towards being out in public and not feeling like a complete weirdo. The feeling that everyone knows what's going on inside your head is probably one of the worst feelings ever brought on by PCS.

Thanks!
lilyNYC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote