View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 10:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
"Cretians", too funny!! LOL!

I think they are called Cretes or Cretans, but not Croutons!!

So even the Cretans (whatever), are gaining weight??? This is very intresting!

Best of luck on your diet.

I am also on a diet, but I am realising that I need a buddy to diet with. Someone I can tell them what I eat during the day! Someone that will make me feel shame if I eat chippies or other rubbish! LOL!
Try http://www.sparkpeople.com/ Tell 'em jarrett622 sent you. I love that site! You can create groups, say one for people with PN. This site is like all the pay-for sites but they're free! This site has helped me so much with healthy eating. They have a recipe section that includes non-vegan and vegan. My problem, besides the weight gain from being on SSRI"s, is very high cholesterol brought on from taking Effexor. I've never been a big eater of high fat type foods. I love veggies and fruits. Always have.

A note about sugar subs - I tried the Splenda equivalent called Alterna at Walmart. Then I got some regular Splenda. The taste difference is striking. There's an aftertaste with Alterna that's not there in Splenda. The Alterna aftertaste is nowhere near as unpleasant as the aspartame aftertaste. But it *is* there. Tolerable but still there. I can get used to it where I can't *stand* the aspartame aftertaste. *shudder* Not to mention all the truly scary things I've read about long term use of aspartame.