View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 02:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Blessed,

I think everything has an answer or explanation except for pcs! I have learned to have to accept some of the ups and downs as beyond my understanding. Didn't make me very happy at first but if a doc can't explain it to me how can I.

I had terrible anxiety starting at 6 months post injury. It sounds silly but laying down and being still frightened the crap out of me. I could sleep for no more than a half hour and only when exhausted, it was a fight for my life. I couldn't sit still for more than a couple of minutes and was afraid to go next door to the neighbors, much less around the block.

This year I still have monsters at times but I can watch an entire basketball game again without pacing and having to go to the bedroom to calm myself down, same with football! I am a bit nervous about the noise but tonight I am going to a Sacramento Kings game for the first time since my injury, I am expecting it to do ok with a little nursing along the way, like a couple of extra trips in the hall to escape noise.

Been huge gains at small increments.

Anxiety is a skilled liar and reminds me of the Big Bad Wolf, it huffs and puffs a lot but is toothless. The hard part is trusting that it is a liar and logic and experience are correct.

You can do this...especially if you have family, that was and is my greatest motivator and trusting God.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chasann (11-15-2015), Mark in Idaho (11-15-2015)