View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 08:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello Lily7, I feel like we must almost be twins-- what with our ages & similar diseases. My Colitis IS nice and quiet for a few weeks now I believe because I went back to taking the full 3mgx 3 daily of budesonide (generic for Entocort). On only 2caps per day, I was still having all kinds of problems. I feel like if one can get their colon back into a healthy "shape" many other health problems will go away. I was surprised to read that our colons are responsible for up to 90% of our immune system! Who would have thunk it?

Yes, I'm going to the Ks U. Med Center in Ks City for a Single Fiber test altho the new neurologist told me to think about it first as its tedious & I hate to go to the "city". (Its impossible to get parked at KU Med, too). I'll tell her to make my SFEMG appointment when I next see her...

I'm sure you're taking Vitamin C for your arm "problem" but you must also certainly take Vitamin K (esp K2), if you aren't, as it is even better at preventing bruising & bleeding of the skin. My arms are ugly, ugly, ugly as I've lost all the muscling & my arms are just "sticks" with no muscle. I have to wear long sleeved tee-shirts/shirts even in the summer, even in the house I'm so embarrassed. So I know how you feel about the looks of your arms...

I'm so happy that such lovely folks such as yourself, are "out there" and can sympathize with me and take the time to post about my/our problems! We all just have to "hang in there" as the ol' saw goes but it really helps when others are taking time out to express their concern with my/our problems. Thanks so much, ponywoman/Marsha
Ponywoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote