View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 11:32 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Marsha, No need to apologize. We all know what illness does to us. I use to be punctual and now I'm always late.

Has anyone tested your immunoglobulin levels (i.e., IgA, IgG)?

I'm asking because if you have a low IgG, MG tests could come back negative.

Have you ever been tested for Celiac Disease? It's pretty common and might explain the iron deficiency. It can be an insidious disease. With CD, a low IgA would make for a false negative. Do you feel sick after eating gluten?

Good, I'm glad you got a wig! We can only deal with what's in front of us. Any challenge can be made better!

Well, 1 week's time isn't overnight! Yes, muscles can atrophy fairly quickly, but you said you've been pretty active, so that's odd.

http://www.lifeextension.com/protoco...asting/page-01

Have you seen an immunologist? They can run the Ig's and do some general immune testing.

Again, any EMGs, etc. would look normal while on steroids. Don't doctors get this basic stuff?!!

We all get the doctoring overload, but you might need some more done to figure all of this out.

Someone needs to pull all of this together for you. Have you journaled all of your symptoms/diseases, when they began, when you started steroids, etc? That would be a very helpful thing to do, especially chronologically.

Pay attention to whether your weakness is fatigable or not. Do you have ptosis? Have you taken photographs of your face in the morning and then in the evening to see if there's a difference?

Keep seeking out help. Someone will figure this out for you!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote