Thread: Keppra anybody
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Neurontin and Lyrica are first-

cousins of same formula...Keppra is in the same neighborhood but different formula. Neither I believe are SSRI's [things I do NOT do well on BTW] All three are in the anti-seizure family and the hows/whys of the way they short circuit the pain cycle is a mystery to the mfrs, researchers and all that.
Tramadol, ultracet and ultram are all similarly connected as well..
Ultracet is Tramadol and Acetaminofen together, at times thought to have an extra 'Punch' [again not known why] with the tramadol.
They are all closely related, but the ultracet has the acetaminofen as a one-two punch so one can take a lower dose of the narcotic and get a better result due to the extra asorbtion -I think. I read up on this all a long time ago and all I know is that they KICK IN big time when needed. I try not to take on a regular basis because of potential s/e's especially on the digestive tract.. Since I have a working one...I want to keep it that way.
I did not have any indications of what's known as 'keppra rage' until I went on an AI for cancer issues..[THAT med also is known for 'attitude changes'...MANY] I believe the combo aggravated or increased stress and stress related coping mechanisms... Does this all help?
I DO know that I was wholly, totally and completely a miserable soul on neurontin. Topamax did absolutely zero good or bad for me, but Keppra got my mind back and keeps the pain levels down a notch or two. - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Marie33 (09-15-2013)