View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Ian,

You are very welcome.... !

I don't think you are over worrying about this at all. Are you still leaking water from your nose when you rinse? Are you gargling with the salt water? If so, stop doing that because that can send the water up into your nose.

I am concerned about the soreness and inflammation in the gums in front of the extraction site. Are you able to brush and floss your teeth thoroughly? Are you accumulating plaque along the gum line of those teeth? Plaque is very irritating to the gum tissue and it can cause pain, swelling, discoloration and infection. Do you think plaque could be a contributing problem there?

If you are not building up plaque, not gargling with the salt water and the leaking from the nose has not slowed down .... I then think it may be wise to get that second referral from your dentist and make an appointment with the new oral surgeon. What do you think?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by armstri View Post
Thank you so much for the reply Bryanna!

It was the last appointment before lunch, so I guess he could have been rushed. I am trying to keep an open mind, but I tend to worry (maybe a bit too much at times) about my health.

I have been keeping up with the oral hygiene and saltwater rinses, and do not smoke or drink. I guess I am concerned about the inflammation/infection part. The teeth in front of the extraction site are very sensitive with inflamed gums, but I am doing my best to take ibuprofen in an effort to keep that at bay.

I called my dentist today, and she said that she doesn't want to even waste my time coming in, but she would definitely give me a referral to another oral surgeon if I was interested. I will see how it goes through the week and then make a decision.

Thank you so much!

Ian

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote