View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 03:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you Bryanna.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can live indefinitely with the pain. Well, it's not PAIN like how my other dental issues this year were. It's more like a boring, deep ache which worsens after any pressure is applied to the tooth.

So right now I am not rushing into anything, but eventually I imagine if it does not get any better pain wise or especially if it gets worse, I will have to make a decision. Do you know why my dentist has not offered to crown the tooth? At this point, after taking it out of occlusion and doing the ozone injections, he says the only options are to live with it, RCT with ozone (which I know you are not a fan of, but I am telling you my options) then a crown, or extract and do an implant.

Do you think there is any chance to work on the tooth while it is still vital? Like if he did a crown now without RCT? Or, my idea, remove the large composite fillling that is there now, check for cracks, then replace it with a medicated filling to try to calm the nerve? At first he seemed open to that idea, but then emailed me later saying that he thinks that would push it over the edge and he doesn't think it's worth trying.

I just am hoping for just one more step I can try at this point....Before making a life changing permanent decision on the tooth. Or living with chronic toothache!
nukuspot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote