View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 05:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

That is comforting to hear. I think the last time I had water leaking from my nose was this past weekend. I think though that it may have been a change in my technique. I never was gargling, or swishing vigorously, just kind of shaking the water around lightly to hit all of the extraction sites. What I have changed is the tilting my head back. I no longer tilt my head back, and I don't end up with water coming out of my nose.

I do still witness water leaking from the extraction site though. It usually is a significant amount that I have run back into my mouth after spitting the first amount out. In addition, it seems as though the amount of air entering my mouth is increased. I have noticed it moreso now even just drinking from a normal glass.

It could be, I have been doing my best to brush those teeth as far back as I can, but the molar closest to the extraction site probably has been a little neglected since it isn't comfortable to brush. I will try and really make sure I clean them well from now on.

I am really considering either calling my oral surgeon and telling them that it is worse, or going for the second opinion. What would be a sound rationale for not taking some sort of action and giving it an extended period of time to heal by itself? Is there one that I wasn't informed of by the oral surgeon?

Im just afraid of getting an infection. I know there are bacteria in your nose/sinuses (staph etc.), that you really don't want in your mouth, and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Ian,

You are very welcome.... !

I don't think you are over worrying about this at all. Are you still leaking water from your nose when you rinse? Are you gargling with the salt water? If so, stop doing that because that can send the water up into your nose.

I am concerned about the soreness and inflammation in the gums in front of the extraction site. Are you able to brush and floss your teeth thoroughly? Are you accumulating plaque along the gum line of those teeth? Plaque is very irritating to the gum tissue and it can cause pain, swelling, discoloration and infection. Do you think plaque could be a contributing problem there?

If you are not building up plaque, not gargling with the salt water and the leaking from the nose has not slowed down .... I then think it may be wise to get that second referral from your dentist and make an appointment with the new oral surgeon. What do you think?

Bryanna
armstri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote