View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 12:37 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks, I wish you had a magic remedy too!

He said basically either:

it will calm down by itself (though that is very unlikely given how long it's been going on) and that it may stay calm or flare back up again.

I can get a root canal with ozone (he agrees RCTs are not ideal but it is an option that he offers through a local endodontist. It is what I did with my front tooth #7 that was horribly painful this summer which was not a good candidate for implant in that space. Again, I know it was not ideal, but it was the best of few poor options I had which you remember my story, I am sure, and that pain was unbelievable.)

I can get it extracted and an implant. But that is not without risk either as the root is very close to the sinus back there and the bone level on the side where my wisdom tooth was is low.

So I don't think he is offering a crown on the vital tooth (unless a crack did appear then I am sure he would do one) or the filling replacement at all. I agree the filling replacement might put it over the edge but being these are my choices....I still wish he would reconsider it.

Thank you for all your help! So far I am trying to wait it out and see if anything will change, better or worse.
nukuspot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bryanna (11-17-2015)