Thread: Attn Curious
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 02:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

curious,

this is wonderful!....i've been trying to decide what to add to this cookie (it's a bit bland and slightly dry to my taste) and i've been undecided between applesauce and peanut butter......the kids think they're great, (7 yr-old boys, what do they know?) but i think they could be better.....i'd love your take on it.

Spiced Honeys

1 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp bkng soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 c butter
1/2 c quick oats
1/2 c honey
1/2 c wheat germ
1/4 c orange juice
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

in mixer, combine all ingred at low speed till well blended.

drop rounded teaspoonfuls 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet

bake at 350 for 9 - 12 minutes till edges lightly browned.

the cinnamon and nutmeg were my addition (my grandsons like spicy stuff) and the original recipe calls for only 1/4 c wheat germ PLUS 1/4 c sesame seeds....didn't have any so i increased the wheat germ.

i think the real problem is that the original recipe calls for frosting the cookies with orange flavored frosting, i don't want to do that.......i don't much like frosting cookies to begin with, and i want things that r easy for my daughter to freeze......all that's aside from the idea that we're trying to come up with a treat that has little or no sugar!

next question -- does adding a banana to baked goods give stuff a banana-bread-type of flavor?.... because NOBODY in our gang likes banana bread....or is it like the applesauce substitution for oil, where u never notice the taste? (i love doing that -- cuts out so many fats and calories!).

if u have any ideas on this, i'd be glad to hear them!....thx!

liz
coachV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote