Old 11-17-2015, 04:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
thank you, I try.
thanks for your nice words.
Hubby and I are not perfect but am glad we have each other to love.
I hope you have a lot of love in your life!
bizi
Hi bizi!

Thank you! I DO have a lot of love in my life, for which I am very grateful!

No relationship is "perfect" or totally "ideal." As youngsters or as teens, we may have "idealized" relationships, especially romantic relationships.

In reality, we all have short-comings, we all have quirks, we all have imperfections and no relationship is "perfect."

What matters is if we love one another, care deeply, are capable of showing affection, are capable of being present for one another, are capable of showing mutual support, are capable of working through any challenges which arise, are capable of practicing patience and flexibility, are capable of forgiving one another, are devoted to seeing those we love through whatever comes up in this challenging life.

It's wonderful when we find life partners with these capacities and we also share common interests. A special "spark" can be helpful, yet so often that "spark" grows, is nourished by, our abilities to steadily demonstrate the level of our love, concern, devotion.

The healthier, the more balanced, we each become, the more we have to offer others.

I am also so glad you and Jeff have one another to love, bizi!

DejaVu

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-17-2015)