View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 03:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Epidural injection

Hello, so I had the dorsa and lumbar epidural injections on Monday. They kept me in overnight because my blood pressure was too low for me to go home. Spent a sleepless night in the hospital, up and down getting hot drinks so probably a good thing to not be home as I would have driven DB up the wall. He had to be up and out of the house for a 3am start. Anyway, I'm home now, came home yesterday, felt very spaced out and again today, BUT, the pain in my lower back is good, so the injections must have worked. I hope they hold out long enough for me to attend the clinic in 2 weeks and for the 2 weeks I'm there, Fingers crossed. I do have this bizarre hip pain in my left side, I wonder had it always been there and I haven't noticed because I was taken up with the back pain, or is it a new way of the nerves trying to let my brain know, helloooo we are still here, just trying to get your attention. I Just don't know anymore, I'm sick and tired of functioning in this world of pain. No one friend or family (other than DB) understands, you have a procedure and they think voila you are better forever, they are shocked when you say, yes better for today, maybe even tomorrow or the next month, but it will return, and then the look comes, I call it the look, it's the one where you can see the wheels turning in their brain, oh she is just attention seeking.

I suppose also using the pain scale of 1-10 where most would say 5 is painful, so very painful, 5 /6 to me is normal. I'm still in pain today, just not like I normally am my pain scale today would be a 4, I say that's an improvement.

I have a busy remainder of week, work wise I juggle my load around and I am fortunate in that. Many would be unable, they would just have to take the time off and lose the pay, instead I move my days around.
DejaVu (11-28-2015), EnglishDave (11-18-2015)