View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 05:20 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Question about ptosis

Hello! I'm new here, and currently I have no diagnosis of any kind for my many symptoms. My main symptoms are muscle-related, such as legs getting very heavy if I walk for a longer period and leg muscles getting stiff after periods of inactivity like sitting for a while or sleeping. I also get all sorts of aches and twitches and buzzing in random muscles. Recently I've started noticing heaviness in my arms, and my upper arms get tired very easily. I don't want to bore you with a full list of my symptoms, there are plenty!

There's probably no real reason for me to suspect MG, but I'm just exploring different avenues as my doctors can't find any reasons for my symptoms. My neuro seems to think my symptoms don't exactly correspond with MG, though I haven't been tested for it. However, the EMG was normal.

I really wanted to ask whether my weird eye episode sounds like ptosis or not, because I can't really figure it out. Some months ago I had an episode of maybe 2 or 3 weeks when I was watching TV in the evenings and my eyelids just really wanted to close, and I had to fight against them closing. It was more the right eye. It felt very strange. Like my eyes were incredibly tired and couldn’t stay open, but I wasn’t particularly tired. After those few weeks the symptom hasn't come back. My right eye feels constantly a bit "off" but my vision hasn't deteriorated. I have lots of floaters though.

Any advise would be appreciated!
Esme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote