Thread: Chiropractor?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 02:19 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

I've had a lower back issue since I was 18 and now at 77 a lot of degeneration. I've gone to chiros for many years and they kept me going. Now I cannot do manipulations due to a mess from hip replacement which caused Femoral Nerve Damage which I deal with now. My thigh is about 80% numb, dead or very damaged nerves.

I'm back with a new chiro, but would NEVER sign up for so many treatments, etc. She uses laser, ultrasound, activator and stim and works the numb thigh too. As I see it, she does help me somewhat and Medicare does come thru. She charges new medicare patients a fee upfront and then accepts the meager payments from Medicare...and they are meager for all some of these workers do to try to help people in so much distress. I pay $9 per visit to her.

So you did get some good comments and if the nerves can be restored, don't know.

I've mentioned that I had success with Inosine and Sphingolin which took away the burn/tingle on my thigh. I took both for 3 months and so far so good. The burning was there for 5 yrs.

I do know that I often get TOE pain/burn some nights and all on the damaged side of my body. I have to get out of bed and rub my feet/toes and apply some of my topicals to get back to sleep. No burn or pain during the day but comes on while sleeping. Best wishes..
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (11-18-2015), zkrp01 (11-19-2015)