View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 06:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyr2 View Post
I don't know about SFN and Autonomic NEUROPATHY (emphasis on neuropathy) but I have been diagnosed with autonomic DYSFUNCTION and am awaiting a biopsy for SFN in early December. Im not entirely clear myself what the difference is - except that neuropathy may be a more severe case of the dysfunction I am experiencing. I posted a few posts before you did. I don't have digestive issues.
Autonomic Neuropathy is a disease. Autonomic Dysfunction is a symptom, (which may or may not be caused by Autonomic Neuropathy.)

Like me, you are at the first step of the process as far as the doctors go. First you have to identify the symptom (Autonomic Dysfunction), then you have to identify the disease process causing the symptom (possible Autonomic Neuropathy), then you have to identify what's causing the disease (autoimmune process? vitimin deficiency? heavy metal poisoning? drug toxicity? genetic issue?, etc, etc), then you have to find an effective way to treat that underlying root cause.

Unfortunately, it seems like only a very small percentage get all the way to a truly effective treatment. many doctors don't have the time, or are unwilling to spend the time to truly track it all the way down. It's much easier to say "here's a prescription for something that might help - come back in 6 months for a follow up appointment".
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (11-19-2015), pinkynose (11-18-2015)