View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 08:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop262 View Post
Autonomic Neuropathy is a disease. Autonomic Dysfunction is a symptom, (which may or may not be caused by Autonomic Neuropathy.)

Like me, you are at the first step of the process as far as the doctors go. First you have to identify the symptom (Autonomic Dysfunction), then you have to identify the disease process causing the symptom (possible Autonomic Neuropathy), then you have to identify what's causing the disease (autoimmune process? vitimin deficiency? heavy metal poisoning? drug toxicity? genetic issue?, etc, etc), then you have to find an effective way to treat that underlying root cause.

Unfortunately, it seems like only a very small percentage get all the way to a truly effective treatment. many doctors don't have the time, or are unwilling to spend the time to truly track it all the way down. It's much easier to say "here's a prescription for something that might help - come back in 6 months for a follow up appointment".
Even if they find the underlying cause in most cases it does not matter much because the damage to the nerves unless caught very early on is already done, Yes? The only few reversals I have read about so far are the lucky few that were caused by B12 and were treated in a timely manner or perhaps they were on statin's and got off the drug before too much damage was done. That said, there maybe other reversals I'm not aware of but the point is too much time is most often lost before the cause is discovered.

Cliffman
Cliffman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote