View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 12:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Google is God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
I paid $10 for my first tube 4oz at the PTs.

I got further tubes online for 6.99 for 4 oz.

But I have seen 4 oz of Biofreeze at my gym for $15.

So it depends on where you buy it. Biofreeze is typically not available in drug stores. Some independents might buy it online and mark it up however. (like the gym does).

The larger sizes are of course more $$. I find a 4 oz tube lasts me a long time.
I don't need the big ones!

I Googled BioFreeze and they have their own website. They also offer several sample packets of the gel. I emailed them for a sample package. It includes an information brochure with more info on the product and where it can be purchased. It comes in a spray-on formula now as well.

http://www.biofreeze.com/products.php

I'm so tickled they offer a sample so I can try it without shelling out more money for something that may or may not work for me.

ETA: I find this disturbing in their FAQ's:

Q: Will Biofreeze cause an adverse effect if I am taking other medications?

A: No. Biofreeze is only a topical pain reliever and does not enter the bloodstream. We do suggest that you always check with your Health Care Professional before using Biofreeze.

FAQ Index Back to Top

Q: If I am Pregnant or nursing – Can I use Biofreeze?

A: No, Biofreeze has not been tested on pregnant or nursing women. We do not suggest that you use the product while pregnant or nursing. Please consult with your Health Care Professional.

Anything put on the skin is absorbed into the body to one degree or another. And if this isn't the case then the next FAQ about using during pregnancy would be irrelevant. So, where can I find info about this? Also, there was a recent article in the news about a female athlete that died from using a specific formulation of Ben-Gay. She was absorbing it into her system and apparently had a sensitivity to it that caused kidney failure, if I remember the specifics of the article accurately. The actual agent that caused her kidney failure is known as a toxic substance in certain ways of using or doses. Found a link to an article that mentions this:

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=81865