View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 03:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinGoofy View Post
I guess i qualify as a care giver. I was vdw at "the other place". My MIL has just been diagnosed with a form of leukemia, she also has a lung infection that mimics TB. My FIL has slight dementia. They live in a retirement place which i work at. I'm an activities person in the alzheimers/ assisted living section. My MIL has been in the hospital now for almost a month so my husband an i have been taking care of my FIL. I also have a 16 yr old son with tourette syndrome, and a 13 year old daughter.
Between my job and my inlaws i'm quite busy with the elderly...
Hi FeelingGoofy, welcome to the caregivers forum.

Well, I would say you were a caregiver. How on earth do you do all of that? You have to be a special person. Being Activity director is not an easy job eith.

My MIL has Alzheimer's and she is on a Nursing home. I have watched the acrivity things and they can test you. lol It is good that your inlaws are at the same place you are, makes it a bit easier to cope, but then again it can be a problem.You son and daughter need a mom and I know you are a good one, just don't burn yourself completely, ok? take care, JoJo
JoJo6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote