View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 09:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Annie, more Doctor visits this week with nothing new. Haven't even gotten back results of all the testing that Ks University Med did 2-3 weeks ago. Yes, I've had all the immune testing done-- seemingly each Doctor redoes the same tests even though I show them copies of all my prior testing by other Doctors. Because of my 45 yr history of Rheumatoid Arthritis, I always get the CRP done, the RF (rheumatoid factor, positive or negative but was only recently positive). And, theres the CCP AB(IGG) which when I look, I last tested greater than 250. Don't think the labs show a figure any higher than that. And mine is almost the >250 reading.

As far as celiac, its funny you mention it because about 1971, soon after I was suddenly struck by rheumatoid arthritis very painful symptoms, I got the bright idea to exclude all gluten which I did for a year. My disease worsened, of course. Still remember baking bread with lima bean flour! Yuk! But I still get tested for this all the time. About 6 months ago, my Gastroenterologist sent me to a Hospital lab for 6-- count them-- 6 sensitivity tests for gluten! The lab techs had to look most of them up as never heard of them. I looked up these labs later online & some were considered obsolete even. What a waste of time, money-- and my blood! Ha. All tests were negative. I'm starting to feel that this Celiac Disease thingy is a bit like the disease of the year because everyone thinks they have it. For the tiny percentage that do, tho, it can be devastating....

My face is good... nothing unusual there except that at 68 I'm getting wrinkles. Could be worse considering all my time outside in a hot country, treeless sun in Kansas where our barns & horses are. (One can only sit under a shade tree for a little bit when working with horses). I look at my face a lot, too, worrying about steroid effects but see none yet. (I know what that looks like, too, as steroids swelled my mother up like the proverbial balloon before dying from a failed liver brought about by a blood transfusion 10yrs earlier-- a transfusion that had Hepatitis B in it.)

Thanks for replying again... I really appreciate it. Having bad days & the occasional-- not good but-- better day. Good to hear from folks thinking about one's problems, Marsha
Ponywoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote