Thread: Pets
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 12:47 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Right now I have one cat although I would like more. DH says just one. I don't know why but all of our cats have all have chosen DH as their human. Our present cat, Melody, a medium to long hair Tortie, sleeps on my bed but other than that she is pretty well she is with DH. He does her belly rub, behind the ear rub, she talks to him, not me. All he has to do is give a certain meow and there she is. I wish she more playful, she doesn't like to fetch, chase strings or anything. She has her imaginary games that only she knows what she is doing. She will go racing through the house, up an down the stairs, down the halls then finally stop and get a belly rub and then off again. She runs fast enough that when she turns a corner she looses her sense of direction balance or something because with the hardwood floor she rarely gets to her destination without coming to a screeching halt against something. At bedtime, or what she considers bedtime she is extremely vocal for me to go get her bed ready which means me get in it. She also is a rescue cat.

We had Adora, a tuxedo, rescue cat before Melody. She was as a kitten very adorable. She loved to play with anything. I don't know what happened as she got older but she became pretty mean. She continues to be nice to us only but not to anyone else in the family. When we had our holidays here I would have to set her food and supplies in the office and lock the door. Melody has the run of the house all the time.

Tomorrow I will try to remember to tell you about Buddy, our shelty.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (11-20-2015), Blessings2You (11-20-2015), Kitty (11-21-2015)