View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 01:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you!

I've downloaded the Crisis Booklet from NAMI, and we've talked a bit more about what to do BEFORE things get to that state.

Unfortunately, We may be looking at another one...Fortunately, the kids are back with their mom right now.

He's been trying to find a job, and what he's after requires a fair amount of red-tape hoops. He's been stressing almost every day about "why hasn't" this come through and "why haven't they called yet?" Now today he found out there are a couple of problems with his background check - one with the state courts, and one with the FBI. The state probably has to do with child support (he still owes money from being unemployed). The FBI we have NO CLUE - although I suspect it has to do with the one year he did in college teaching English over in Sichuan). He's flipping out...

I'm trying to remind him of the coping skills and the self-care stuff, and he doesn't want to hear it right now. He's even told me that it feels like he's flashing back to 2010 (a certain event) all over again! but he then tells me that he's fine and I need to stop trying to "shrink" him because he's right and I just don't understand.

It's as if when he gets stressed out, his brain just starts cross-firing and all logic goes out the window. *sigh*

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll look into them, and talk them over with him when he's doing better.

How do you all keep from getting dragged down the rabbit hole?
Kendyll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-26-2015)