View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 05:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Caroline2, Thank you so very much for your reply. I have been so overwhelmed these past weeks, I didn't even see it until today. I especially appreciate the mention of grape seed extract and cayenne. We used to take the g.s.e. all the time, but gradually forgot about it over the years, as we got in a regimen that became our habit. Magnesium has always been a part of that, along with calcium and potassium. In fact, the doctor prescribed potassium citrate, & I researched that one right away. Especially because my husband was surprised it was so expensive, even with coupons he could find. I discovered that he could continue taking the potassium gluconate we've always taken, but just had to increase it to 8 a day to equal the amount of the prescription. We parcel it out into several portions throughout the day.

Also, you reminded me of what I used to preach about in my younger days, the cayenne. How could I have forgotten that?? We used to always make a garlic soup if we were coming down with a cold, with a healthy dash of cayenne pepper in it. It worked every time to knock that virus out. But also, I'll always believe in high doses of vitamin C for just about anything that ails you.

I'm sorry about your friend. It sounds like a grief reaction with her. I've wondered some about that with my husband, too. After working for the same company for 44 years, they "let him go" a year ago. I think the stress of that has hit him harder than I realized. He has always been so healthy. To me, you are a very good friend to her, and she is blessed to have somebody who cares so much. I hope she can find her joy again and her heart will heal.

Blessings.
cherribear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote