View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 04:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Additional experience with nic patch

New to the forum. Was part of the nic-pd study, which meant using nic patch only without Sinemet. Bottom line is that patch only did reduce tremors for a while. But then they did come back. 28 mg at end. Then went to Sinemet only.

Then over the course of about a year had to keep increasing Sinemet dose until I was at 2.5 25/100 pills 4x daily to control tremors. Had at some point gone back to the patch, but was only using 14 mg. Decided to try upping the dose of patch. Titrated up to 28 mg and as a result have been able to titrate down to 1.5 pills 4x daily.

As a result (I think) of reducing Sinemet some jaw displacement I had been experiencing was reduced, although not eliminated. Dr. suspected dyskinesia with jaw, so my thinking was that a reduced dose of Sinemet would help, which I think it has.

Have to take patch off before bed to avoid sleep disturbance.

One interesting effect: When I take Sinemet alone when I wake up, it can take a while to kick in if I don't immediately put on the patches. If I put the patches on, I get a bit lightheaded for 5-10 minutes, but the tremor almost immediately goes away.
daysunny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anagirl (11-21-2015), badboy99 (11-22-2015), Ellis Mae (11-22-2015), MartyC (11-28-2015), soccertese (11-22-2015)