View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 05:21 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsmountain View Post
Hello, I am a fairly new member here and have truly appreciated the support I have received already, I feel blessed to have strangers care and help me so much during such a hard time!

This is of a completely different note. I am wanting to start a new discussion on foods, recipes, etc. that have helped you all with CRPS. I had severe pneumonia almost 2 years ago and it completely changed the way I eat, for the better! I could not tolerate anything but soup. I did everything in my power to heal myself. I stopped eating wheat and almost all grains entirely and it has helped me tremendously with cutting down on the inflammation associated with CRPS. I don't know if any of you have read or are familiar with the "Wahl's protocol" in which she is addressing MS, but it talks about eating a tremendous amount of veggies, etc. and I think it can be of help for many of us with CRPS. I am a vegetarian of 20 years, but I guess not anymore, as I added just wild, sockeye salmon from Alaska to my diet, that has helped me a ton with inflammation as well.

Just one meal that I find helpful having CRPS and anti-inflammatory--I eat many pounds of spinach per week now. I sautee up a ton of minced (pre-minced) garlic with extra virgin olive oil and red pepper flakes and just add the organic, pre-washed spinach to the pan until it is just wilted enough and still green. That, along with the salmon(I generally just bake it with sometimes a balsamic vinaigrette dressing (or whatever preparation you prefer) and a baked sweet potato from the microwave with some EVOO and basil is like a dinner from God for someone that has issues from CRPS with her hands--super easy and soooooo incredibly healthy for you (the only downside is wild sockeye salmon can get pricey depending on where you live). Also, the addition of fresh lemon to your salmon and spinach will liven it up and accentuate the flavor profile of both

I can give more suggestions as I love eating clean and of course making food that makes me feel better. Please everyone contribute your suggestions and recipes of food that makes you feel better (not comfort food, but healing food please ).
Hi Again everyone, just wanting to remind everyone that if you are in a bad place emotionally or physically, as unfortunately many of us are, please reach out, as I've already noted, there are many kind individuals on here and you can always PM message people so it's not seen to the world. Again, a few of you on here have been of such great support and help, I can't even thank you enough Just trying to help other people going and suffering through this whole CRPS/RSD some help or advice in any way I can give it to help. I know how hard it is. Please, keep trying to get better in any (even little way) you can), people here do care and are here for support
megsmountain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-22-2015), DejaVu (11-28-2015), Littlepaw (11-22-2015), mama mac (11-22-2015), PurpleFoot721 (11-22-2015)