View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 09:04 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
[Pretty boring past medical history. I'm 60 yrs old otherwise in good health exept for a past history of severe vertigo attacks (haven't had a bad attack for several years (but do have balance/dizzy/motion intolerance problems) ]

Have you had any head bumps, car accidents/whiplash type injuries in the past?
Are your neck muscles seeming tight or sore at all?
Maybe an upper cervical chiropractor might be of help.

Or if you can find an expert multi skilled chiro for assessment that might be an option.
Possibly acupuncture?
Hi Jo*mar and thank you for your response. About a month before my bad vetigo problems started I feel flat on my face, real hard. That may or may not have caused my vertigo problems, who knows!!!!! One doctor said maybe, another said I have meniere's, another said migraine, another labyrinthitis, another said celiac. But anyway that was quite a few years ago before my latest problems so I don't think there is a connection between that fall my my swallowing problems.

But yes, my neck is messed up, years ago, before my above fall, I had an MRI and it showed lots of bulging and prolapsing dics. I have a constant achy neck and find it very difficult to look upwards towards the ceiling. My ROM in the neck is fair at best. So there are definite problems there.

I actually did see a chiropractor earlier this year after seeing my PCP, neuro, GI, ENT doctors with no help from them. Unfortunately the chiro wasn't much help either. He was a "functional neurologist" and my type of problem is right up his alley but he, like the others, has never heard of this. He put me on the elimination diet I mentioned above and had me to do some exercies for balance (which annoyed me because that wasn't the problem I was going for). With no change except for feeling more unbalanced I stopped going after about 8-10 sessions. I felt bad about that because he was such a nice nice person and truly wanted to help but I couldn't see spending any more money when it wasn't doing me any good.

Maybe I should try another chiro?? I know I do have neck problems but as to whether or not they are causing other problems I don't know. I've spent so much of my own money on co-pays and deductibles with no progress that I'm no longer at the point where I can say I'll pay what I can to find out what the problem is because now the money is no longer there and I'm getting tired of blind alleys.
AppleTree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote