View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 10:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Great thread Meg!

My first job was in a health food store juice bar. I got a lot of early exposure to eating whole, organic foods and that has stuck with me. That said I do love a well made baked good and I have not given up uncured applewood smoked bacon. I can't go acting all goody-goody when it's not true.

I am with Bio on the grains not being so bad. If they are organic and in moderation no problem. I tend toward brown rice, quinoa, farro and barley. I eat plenty of veggies, lentils and beans as well. Sometimes I juice but not regularly. Yogurt just about daily and cheese in moderation, preferably goat or sheep's milk cuz it's just yummy. God only knows how much olive oil I consume! We eat fish at our house at least once week and other lean proteins the rest of time. The cat and I are the only ones who like tofu . Being MY cat, she has developed a love of international flavors including hummus and brie....

I cut out caffeine and alcohol early on, noticing that I seem to be very sensitive to the circulatory effects of both. Nightshades too, though like Bio I have been able to add a few back in.

Here is a favorite on those occasional days I really feel like splurging...

Tuna steak sliced thin for ease of cooking, seared with spices (I tend to just cook it through) and topped with a garnish amount of white cheddar and wilted arugula over a small bed of rice or farro. Yumm, I may have to go to buy tuna now...

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-22-2015), DejaVu (11-28-2015), mama mac (11-22-2015), megsmountain (11-22-2015), PurpleFoot721 (11-22-2015)