View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 12:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Ravenclaw,

Your words remind me of the days I felt as you do, just existing during the grieving process. No zest for life, no desires, void of purpose, and your own physical issues on top.

I assure you that you WILL feel differently in time but that is hard to even imagine at this time. I am not sure everyone recovers fully from such a devastating loss, but it does get better and we adapt and learn coping skills that make the loss more bearable.

The ONLY thing that helped me was when I finally convinced myself that my loved one would not want me to stop living because they were no longer here. THAT would have made them very sad. My lost one would want me to live the rest of my life, not just exist. It is something that I have to keep reminding myself of even now after many years have passed.

The road from existence to living, crossing the bridge of grief, is long and hard but we will walk it with you.

It is my belief that we will be re-united with our lost loved ones, but it is for us to live until that day comes for us.

It is OK to miss his smell, the sounds of his breathing, a simple touch of hands. The pain is so deep to be without all those little things that we cherish so much, we shut down in order to cope with pain. It helps protect us as we move into a new life without them.

Hold your loved one tight in your heart. I read a few poems that touched me and I will post them in another thread for you to read if and when you wish. I hope they will provide some comfort for you. I don't know the authors so I hope I won't be plagiarizing anyone.

Keep posting when you feel it helps. We will be here.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon6618 (11-23-2015), bluesfan (11-22-2015), EnglishDave (11-22-2015), Littlepaw (11-28-2015), PamelaJune (12-04-2015), RSD ME (12-09-2015)