View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 02:58 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

I had a 10 yr bout of depression from age 53 to about 63...this was after menopause and I never had depression before...ups and downs as life is. During those 10 yrs an MD said my "numbers" were fine, now I know I am not numbers but symptoms...there are some 70 symptoms of underactive thyroid. SO MANY docs are not helping SO MANY people day. I was written so many anti depressant scripts. I was not AD deficient.

Also in 2006, I found how Vit D deficient I was as I was feeling a lowness then...my tank of Vit D was pretty LOW.

On my path, I called my osteopathic doctor and asked him about thyroid and he knew, he was from the old school of medicine and not the world of labs, anyway he called in for Armour thyroid in 2002 and those 10 yrs of depression lifted in 4 days. He did not labs.

Since 2002 and on natural thyroid support I've done so much research, talked to tons of folks and like the support on stop the thyroid madness book blog.

From all I've been thru with conventional medicine, I'm so off their path. I live in a city that has a plethra of integrative MD's and naturopaths and went on that path. Thank goodness my IM MD accepts Medicare, it took a lot of years and work to get to Medicare.

Once I got my thyroid fixed I was so much better and then worked on everything else that has come with aging and deficiencies.

I'm sure NY and many eastern cities have their share of integrative MD's. Caroline
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zkrp01 (11-23-2015)