View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 07:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Exclamation Adjusted dosage after four days

My personal requirements have changed again after four to five days.

If B12 deficiency has been an issue, high dosage will drive down B9 levels and give you a new form of anemia or symptoms will seem to return. The symptoms will also return if B9 is too high -

B12 must be taken with B9 --

AND they must be in correct balance.

You will need higher B9 if it has been depleted by HIGH DOSAGE B12.

Once back on track, B12 @ 2000mcg must be paired with 400mcg of B9.

Your personal requirements may differ from mine. This is the point of blood tests.

Keep taking zinc, potassium, calcium, mangesium.

I am currently doing:

B12: 2000mcg (on empty stomach, wait an hour for food)
B9: 500mcg
Zn - 25mg once daily
Mg - 550mg once daily
Ca - 500mg/ once daily
K - 250mg once daily

All done! Stay on this, monitoring for reduction and an end to symptoms and signs such as: tachy, insomnia, skin pallor, breathlessness and, muscle tone

When B12 and B9 become unstable, the effects ARE peripheral neuropathy and all the signs and symptoms mentioned. If oral B12 does not help effectively, go for the shots immediately. They will do bloods - tell them to also test MMA (methylmalonic acid level) IF you have been taking B9.

Failure to correct B12 levels when signs of paresthesia (tingling, numbness etc) have persisted for months WILL mean the condition becomes irreversible.

...So, finally, I answered my own question asked months ago.

I hope this helps anyone avoid messing their nerves up to the point of being crippled or constantly needing Beta Blockers.

IFF you have a history of excess alcohol intake, they will all jump to the B1 conclusion. This is dangerous. ALCOHOL AFFECTS AND DEPLETES ALL B VITAMINS. B1, B6 and B12 are ALL affected. Wasting time dealing with B1 and B9 in isolation will prolong B12 deficiency anemia and B12 deficiency peripheral neuropathy. The NEUROLOGICAL EFFECTS AFTER MONTHS WILL BE IRREVERSIBLE.

Many doctors do not even understand fully the effects and outcomes of B levels that are out of balance or depleted. It is like the B vitamin family is the final friggin frontier or something. So use your wits - and choose a doctor who understands this serious matter. Your future health and nerve condition depend on choosing the right doctor, who will do whatever is necessary to understand exactly the implications of your B deficiency. A schilling test and other such tests may be needed to show how well you are absorbing B vitamins. The correct therapy depends on you personally, and must be geared by a competent professional to suit you as an individual.

With blessings and peace -

Dubinin.