View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 04:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsmountain View Post
My computer is fried, so sorry if this response comes back strange. I need to look into the oxalate subject again. Purplefoot, I know I've researched in the past. I cook the spinach, which from memory cuts down on the oxalates? Again, may be off here, I'll do some research. I do know that eating tons of cooked greens like spinach and kale with TONS of garlic helps me tremendously. My hubby calls me Popeye sometimes I remember also cutting out foods high in salicytes (in almost everything including spices! I've also quit eating night shades and have not noticed a difference in inflammation when I've re introduced them to my diet. I love bell and hot peppers and all sorts of tomatoes. I'm happy to hear your father has gotten better with a different diet
I was doing a vegetarian paleo for quite a while with just wild Alaskan salmon. It proved to be severely limiting and so I've slowly added some grains, legumes, etc back in. I think nuts are very healing (if they are just natural, not covered in salt and oil, etc) as the magnesium levels are so high, magnesium really helps me at least with sleep and other issues. I also absolutely love black and kidney beans especially, black bean chili is the best, so added some legumes back into my diet. I have also introduced some gf pastas, etc as I just wanted to eat pasta again, but just keep out the wheat.
Tonight, I made a rice pasta (doesn't get soggy like most gf) with sautéed garlic, red pepper flakes and chopped walnuts in evoo, then add fresh somewhat chopped spinach, after it's wilted down you add 4 oz of feta or goat cheese and about 1/4-1/2 milk to the mix and add in the cooked spaghetti, it's fantastic, oh and add as much grated Romano cheese as you prefer to give it the extra kick I'm sure you can see the common theme, tons of garlic and spinach! Everyone has their specific foods that make them feel better
Thank you megsmountain,

Your recipes sound so delicious. Garlic has never been an issue in our house. We easily go through 5-6 heads a week. We always joke that we should have no issues with vampires even coming near our house.

Hope your issues with your computer are not too serious where it would keep you from being able to share more with us on here. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes to your table next.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-23-2015), DejaVu (11-28-2015), Littlepaw (11-23-2015), megsmountain (11-23-2015)