View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 05:02 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
Usually I am pretty stiff as my Sinemet wears off.

For most PWP do fine overnight, but about six hours after my 10pm Sinemet/Comtan, I'm pretty stiff. Started adding a 5am dose, but by 4am I'm ready. Pills loaded in my easy to snap open container, water glass. Take pills, hit the bathroom, tap my phone (medication taken)... and lay back down for a while. If lucky I get some additional sleep.

Other day I just didn't release. Muscles stayed tight, and ouch it was hard just getting up and moving. One of my very off days, but wasn't sure what was different. Oh well, such is life.

That night, when I went to bed, pulled back the sheets so I could get in... sitting on the sheet was two tablets of Sinemet. I manage to drop them in the morning, and only took my Comtan (not much good without Sinemet) and my Synthroid. Oh fun... just thought it was funny. Often I think "I feel to great, maybe I really don't have PD..." Well, it more "remember those meds!". Grin.

Lots to be thankful for, and very grateful for Sinemet to keep me moving.
i'm taking only c/l after 12-13 years from diagnosis and can connect off periods to the usual suspects, eating too much protein and/or constipation which can slow stomach emptying, possibly needing more fluids. if i knowingly ate too much protein i'll take more C/L but i assume you do that. my understanding is there are enzymes in the stomach lining that convert the l-dopa into dopamine so the longer the C/L stays in your stomach the less dopamine gets to the brain and the more backed up you are the slower the stomach empties. having to get the L-DOPA into the blood stream via a small section of the small intestine and thru the BBB both via active transport is a full time job after your C/L "HONEYMOON" is over, seems we have evolved to tightly control how much dopamine gets manufactured in the brain. I have to assume patients on the DUOPA pump have less off time problems even though the L-DOPA still has to pass thru the small intestine so that may point to gastric emptying problems for unexpected off times. it will be nice when the inhalable l-dopa rescue drug gets approved along with the apomorphine oral strips, they'll be very pricey unfortunately if they do come to market. if you take one of those and don't turn on that tells you something past the stomach/small intestine is the problem.or still eating too much protein, i don't think protein interferes with agonists though.

just curious, you might have mentioned this on previous posts but how have you done on agonists and/or comtan? i'm about to try comtan.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
johnt (11-23-2015), Niggs (01-10-2016), shcg (11-24-2015)