View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 07:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi willowgirl,

Welcome to the forum. I've had epilepsy for 43 yrs. and it sounds like you
are having a lot of electrical activity going on in your brain. If I may ask do you ever see colors in your eyes or notice an odd smell like deviled eggs, natural gas, or a burnt odour? If you do have any of these problems you may be having a simple partial seizure also called an "aura" seizure.
Over the yrs. I have found that the best thing to do is to see an Epileptologist which is a Dr. that specializes in epilepsy, these Drs. know how to treat epilepsy and can find the cause of it much better than any neurologist I've ever seen. I also found that eating to many carbs and starch foods triggered seizures for me.
If you haven't started keeping track of these problems get a calendar and write down what time it happens along with a description of the possible seizure then when you see the Dr. this may help the Dr. see a pattern as to what time of day/night this is happening and they can treat you better. Try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day it worked great keep my nerves calm and it reduced my seizures a lot. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (11-24-2015), willowgirl83 (11-24-2015)