View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 11:32 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Izmon,

Generally at 6 weeks post op extractions, if the surgical areas are healing well there are no flare ups of pain or infection in those areas. It is common for people to experience discomfort or sensitivity in the teeth adjacent to the extracted ones. This can occur immediately after the surgery or a few weeks post op. Those teeth need to checked for fractures, gum recession, mobility, or infection.

I don't know if any of this applies to you but because you had delayed problems with more than one area you may be doing something that is aggravating the surgical sites. Some things that can do that are.... smoking (this results in delayed healing of the wound and can contribute to some degree of necrosis of the jaw bone in those surgical areas as the smoking deprives the areas of oxygen and red blood cells) .... drinking alcohol or using mouthwash as they are irritating to the surgical sites and healing can be delayed ..... poor oral hygiene results in the build up of plaque which is a sticky bacteria that become infectious .... poor eating habits that offer little nutrition .... not enough intake of water ....... medications that cause dry mouth ... etc.

Do any of those things apply in your case?
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmon View Post
Hi

I got all four of my wisdom tooth removed 6 weeks ago. One was very impacted and ended up getting dry socket. I battled through that and 3 weeks after surgery was doing fine. Could eat and talk with no pain
Then all of a sudden my top right last molar beside where the tooth was extracted started getting pain when eating. Went to dentist he said its normal and give it time
Now the bottom area where the impacted tooth was is very painful
It's not as bad in the morning but by the end if the day when I'm putting my kid to sleep it throbs and stings .
I can't chew on that side of my mouth because of pain
The pain is worse when I'm working and doing physical activity or talk a lot
I went back to the oral surgeon and he said that everything looks fine but I could possibly have an infection so he put me on antibiotics
Is this normal??? It's stressing me out. I dont smoke other than the occasional "toke"
I'm 30 years old any help is much appreciated

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote