View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Lisaaa,

You should not be having any sudden pain or swelling in that upper area of your mouth a week post op. You may have food debris caught in the site or a build up of plaque. It is best to see the oral surgeon for an evalution.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaaa View Post
Hi,

I had all four wisdom teeth removed on Nov 13th. I was prescribed amoxicillin 3 times a day for one week. My last dose was taken Friday morning.
Yesterday, I noticed the gum at the upper left extraction side had swelled. When I woke up, there was no swelling, I noticed swelling in the afternoon. I can't see the swelling, so I'm unsure of the colour. The tooth in question has already come out. The oral surgeon had put stitches, that came out Friday. There's still an opening. There's no pain, just tenderness. I only really notice it when the gum rubs against my cheek.

My question is, is it possible to have an infection, even after 7 days of antibiotics? Am I just being paranoid? Could it simply be new tissue forming?

Thank you,

Lisa

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote