View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 11:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

No, no xray has been done since the root canal. When I finally got to see the endodontist about three weeks after the root canal, he said "Since you still have your temp filling and temp crown, there is no point in taking an xray because nothing has changed since the procedure." That is one of the reasons I came on here--to find out if a problem with the tooth is always going to show up on an xray or not. What kind of problems do or don't show on one? I could probably get my dentist to take one (I hope) but if he says nothing shows up, how confident can I be that nothing is wrong? Should I push for a CT scan if an xray looks normal? And how reliable is that? I have learned through unfortunate experience that medical imaging tests are not as foolproof as doctors would like to think. For two years after tearing the labrum in my shoulder, I was in a lot of pain, but an MRI showed nothing wrong--because the labrum does not show up well even on an MRI--which is probably why so many doctors seem unaware of the possibility or symptoms of a labrum tear. When I finally found one that was, he just knew that was my problem without needing a test to prove it. He went in surgically and repaired it and gave me my life back. I suppose I am not very trusting of doctors after that experience because if they don't see the explanation for your pain, they tend to jump to the conclusion that it's mostly your imagination and start asking you if you are depressed or under a lot of stress. "Yes, but if you would make this pain go away I wouldn't be!"
VMarieM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote