View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 11:24 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

In regards to TMJ, I have considered that as well. The first time I woke up with this pain back in August before the root canal, my first thought was that I either slept funny on my jaw and put it out of alignment and/or I was clenching/grinding in my sleep. Years ago during the stress of pregnancy and being a new Mom, I had some issues with clenching and grinding during sleep causing my two upper rear molars to hurt. This was diagnosed by my dentist at the time. Since then, I have learned to sleep with my teeth apart and my jaw relaxed. I haven't had any symptoms of grinding for years, and I never had pain in my jaw joint. I have been paying special attention lately, but there is no pain in the teeth that used to hurt when I was clenching and no tension in my jaw muscles when I wake. Furthermore, I wore the temp crown for over a month, and I think sugns of grinding would have showed on that. Instead my dentist noted how the crown showed little wear because I tried not to chew on that side for so long. Then, there is the lowgrade fever. I have never heard of that happening with TMJ. Am I wrong?
VMarieM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote