View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 12:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

OK well that makes a whole lot more sense to me. Because some days are better than others mind you, as I'm sure good days and bad fall into the same boat with a lot of us on this forum.

My pain depends on how much I've used to the leg that day. and the motor control goes along with that. less use = more control as more use = less control. I have found that for myself at least that overall more use is better than less use. It's not like I purposely over use my leg to the point that it shuts down but I just don't let my pain get in the way of my activities for the day. And when the leg does shut down it's not because it hurts to much to move it. It just won't move anymore. The loss of motor control is more frustrating to me than the pain. I can lock my knee and still walk but the ankle doesn't move anymore and the calf muscle is super swollen.

I had an SCS implanted about a year and a half ago. It works OK. Out of the four programs to choose from on the remote I only use two of them and they're both set to 100%. And from time to time I'll smoke a joint. Seems to work out for me.
Luthier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-24-2015), Littlepaw (11-24-2015), mama mac (11-24-2015), megsmountain (11-25-2015), PurpleFoot721 (11-25-2015), RSD ME (11-25-2015)