View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 02:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdas View Post
Thanks tpula.
What kind of tos you have ? Any troma history or only computer work?
So whats your advise on my masters ? Shall I continue it by taking precautions because I definitely don't have that pain level now since am not touching computer now.
I have signs and symptoms of all three forms though my official diagnosis is bilateral venous TOS. No trauma just a history of strange muscle issues even as a child. My TOS surgeon told me that a lot of my problems are likely vascular in nature. Circulation issues can cause unhappy nerves. Unhappy nerves cause unhappy muscles. Basically a vicious cycle that I have never been able to escape. Of course the same surgeon told me he could offer a predictive outcome and near 100% chance of success from the rib resection surgery so I don't really know who or what to believe at this point.

You are talking to someone who is a big fan of continued learning. My TOS symptoms exploded shortly after finishing my masters degree. Who's to say which of my three activities (computer, guitar, working out) flipped the switch. I would suspect a combination of the three. I would like to finish what I started by completing my PhD or DIT but I know the amount of computer use required so that plan is on indefinite hold. You know your body better than anyone. If computer use exacerbates your problems, then your body is trying to tell you something. The human body was designed for hunting and gathering, not sitting in a static position for hours on end. If you need to be on a computer, make sure that your setup is 100% ergonomic and be sure to take frequent breaks. You want to make sure that you take steps to manage your posture especially in the neck region. It's called Thoracic Outlet Syndrome but the major structures involved start in the neck. You should investigate all non-surgical avenues before entertaining any type of surgery. PT and massage made my problems worse but they may help in your situation. Everyone is wired differently. I am currently working with an upper cervical chiropractor who practices QSM3 and Atlas Orthogonal. They aren't frauds like the traditional snap crackle pop chiros out there. One of my problems post-op is numbness and pressure in my forehead as well as foggy brain that goes in and out. I am still in the honeymoon phase with this practitioner to see whether the adjustments help in the long run.
tpula is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ramdas (11-24-2015)